Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The importance of better health..

My friend, Micki, died last night. She was 42, 5 months younger than I am. Micki has been quite overweight most of her life. She went through a very difficult ceserean 4 years ago with her youngest child and her recovery was long. Micki was diagnosed with colon cancer in December and the surgeon felt it was in her best interest to do the surgery sooner rather than later. They did that last week and felt optimistic that they had removed all of the cancer. I went to see her on Saturday and she was miserable.. but as Micki always did she smiled at me and she held my hand. I could only stay a minute as she was in ICU.. I didn't know that that would be my last visit with her on this Earth. Her body was just worn down.. she began having difficult breathing that night and by the next evening pneumonia had set in and they put in a breathing tube to help her. I am not sure what happened next but by yesterday afternoon they told her family that she would not survive.. Micki leaves her husband and 7 children and I was going to say 4 grandchildren but there were 7.. One of her sons had taken in his wifes 3 siblings and Micki immediately called them her grandbabies. That was Micki. She loved. She will be missed so much.

I first met Micki online. She joined a christian moms of many site that I had started and within a few weeks I found out that they were planning to move here not far from me to minister on the Indian reservation. I got to meet her and her family in person right after they came out and I was blessed. I did not get to see her often but when I did she was always Micki, always full of Joy..one of those women you know who exude the love of Christ.. She had such a devotion to her husband and children and her pride was very evident. I am thankful for the time I had to know her. Please pray for her family and for the many many friends, loved ones.. young christians that she was mentoring. She meant so much to so many.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry your friend died. Your right we can all learn from her life and death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry.:( Thanks for the reminder.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sheri... I am so sorry your friend has died. I will be praying for her and her family. (What a beautiful testimony you shared about her life, though... Imagine the Joy she continues to have at her Savior's feet. I LOVE hearing about those who have exemplified HIM in their lives here! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your friend. Praying for you and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a loss. She sounds like a dear lady, I'm sure she will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete